<VV> Turbo Carb

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat May 23 01:22:54 EDT 2009

Hi People,

Things at LS Corvair parts are coming together. I will start rebuilding in a
week or so. One of the rebuild items on our list that Larry will teach me to
rebuild is carbs. He has said that we will start with a Turbo carb for my
Spyder daily driver. That way I can see how MY car runs and hopefully become
a better rebuilder. Don't get me wrong, I have rebuilt many different carbs
in my time. I mean learn the Carter YH intimately.

I have heard that I could/should use a 180 carb on my 64 150. I have over 50
carbs on the shelf to choose from. Where can I find a listing of the
different YH carbs used on the various turbo Corvairs? What documents do you
people suggest I read to learn more about the YH's, especially adjustment.
Is there a specialty book on YH's like Bob Held's book on Rochesters? (great
book, I've read it) I want to start studying now so I'm ready when I start
rebuilding them. I know I can talk to Larry and I will but I want your
opinions too.

Dave Thompson
63 Spyder Vert
LS corvair Parts
Vintage Corsa

P. S. I will ask a similar question when I start rebuilding turbos.