<VV> Wishing we could drive our Corvair

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Sat May 23 07:30:46 EDT 2009

Rick and I are wishing would could drive his Corvair.  Many of you may not know this but we are flooded out here in Ormond Beach, FL just north of Daytona Beach.
Our city has had 28 inches of rain since Monday.  The news is calling this the 2100 year flood.  The water at one point was 2 inches deep on the back porch and at ground zero on the front.  Thankfully we live in a cu- de sac so no one was driving and causing a wake, or we would have water in the house.  The water is about 3 feet deep throughout the neighborhood.
Leslie has had to walk in the water to get her car parked outside of the neighborhood to get to work.  She works from 10pm - 6:00am so she is walking through water that is to the top of her legs. (Leslie is a tall girl)
I have been stuck in the house since Wednesday with no way out.  So yeah, I wish we could drive the Corvair.  Thankfully it is in the garage and has stayed dry.
Sarah