<VV> Low idle speed

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 23 15:10:11 EDT 2009

I adjusted the carbs (new rebuilt) according to the '65 manual.  The
idle was very low.  I adjusted the swivel on the throttle rod to the
tranny to lengthen it.  I then used the Unisyn to balance the carbs
(unorthodox method without disconnecting the crossover) and adjusted
the idle screws.   I was able to get it to stay idling (and
balanced), but you can tell that it is still too low.  I need to get
a tack on it and get some readings, but that can't happen until
tomorrow because of a word with four letters that starts with "w".
What check list should I run through to isolate the problem?

Stephen U

BTW, went to the local burger drive in/antique/modified/classic car
hangout last night.  Got a lot of compliments from the bikers and
others there about the car (no other classic cars there as the
gathering of classics happens tonight).