<VV> WAY high hot idle.

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 19:45:55 EDT 2009

So...

My fresh rebuilt 140 has been running strong, other than the fact that I have a hard time pushing it past 4700 or so..  But that isn't my problem (I know the solution to that one!)

After the engine gets up to running temp, it idles REALLY fast. Like 1600 RPM fast. When I first start it and the chokes are on, it's beautiful...no problems.  Everything is closed linkage wise..and when I balanced everything I did it with the chokes open, car warm...set the timing to about 16 degrees.  I run 91 Octane. I've got NGK B6HS plugs in it.

So what is it?  is this a "classic symptom" of something in particular or am I about to start chasing my freekin tail?

Ryan

 1965 Corsa Coupe 140/4
"167 ci of Flat Six Fury!"