<VV> Springfield Swap Meet

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 21:14:29 EDT 2009

I just got back from spending the day at a huge swap meet in Springfield
Ohio. Never did I see any Corvair parts, but that's not to say they
weren't somewhere on the grounds. The place is huge and there is no orderly
way to know where you are, so who knows if I saw it all. I do know that I
saw some things a second time, when I thought I was somewhere I hadn't been
before :o).

However, while in the cars for sale area, where there is everything from a
perfectly restored real Ford GT to a couple of rusty BMW Issetta body shells
on the back of a truck, I found three nice Corvairs. There were two '63
Monza coupes, both with four speeds and a '65 Monza convertible. One of the
63's was being represented as all original with only 40,000 miles on the
clock. I looked at the car and talked to the owner and have no reason to
doubt his claim. He said the car has been in his family since new and was
only driven on sunny days. He is a hot rodder and doesn't trust himself, so
he wants to sell the car to a Corvair person before he drops a big block in
it :o).

Also, there is a vendor selling body finishing supplies under a big tent
that noticed by Yenko reunion tshirt and said that he worked at the Yenko
dealership when he was a kid. He has some interesting stories. I wish I
could tell you where on the grounds he is, but I was doing good to find my
parked car.

If you are in the area, drop by and check it out. I think Sunday is the last
day for the event, which is on I-70, just east of I-75 at the SR41 exit.

http://www.ohioswapmeet.com/

Marc Sheridan