<VV> The Eternal Mechanical vs Electrical Fuel Pump Question

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Tue May 26 10:16:00 EDT 2009

Dennis,

     I agree that the bypass device (I prefer a pushbutton that cannot be inadvertently left on) is probably not needed for NON-turbo Corvairs.  But mine has a turbo which has the stock YH carb a LONG way from the combustion chamber.  When the car hasn't been run for some months, it takes a lot of manual priming using the pushbutton to get the car to start.
     And since my electric fuel pump is located inside the fuel tank, it's hard to envision vapor locking the pump.<GGGG>

Frank "occasionally needs priming" Burkhard