<VV> Of Topic: UK cars question....

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Wed May 27 13:52:16 EDT 2009

Little question for anyone 'across the pond' or those who enjoy playing

with cars from the UK.

I'm assuming that all or most cars in the UK use a standard 12 volt  negative

ground electrical sysytem.

Would a standard US -issue phone-charger type  thing  that plugs into the

cigarette lighter still work and put-out the correct voltage in the UK?

I'm most concerned about the 'fit' into the lighter plug....

I have a friend travelling to Ireland, and she's panicing over how to keep her

kid's I-pods charged-up and happy. You know teennagers deprived of their

I-pods could really ruin a perfectly good vacation!

I'm assuming they'll rent a practically-new modern car.

For that matter- wouldn't ANYONE with an I-pod over there HAVE a

charger synched-up to the local voltage and plugs  that would be compatible

with their's?

CJ Wilson