<VV> turbocharger cooling

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed May 27 17:17:55 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

Be aware that the VNT-25 used a plain bearing, much like a Corvair
turbo.  In that design, it's essentially the same bearing with the
addition of a water jacket and they can indeed be used without the
water cooling, assuming you take care of the turbo bearing by not
shutting it down hot and changing the oil.  The ball bearing turbos
are different, which was the point Frank P was trying to make, I think.

--Bryan