<VV> Corvair Bumper shipping

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed May 27 20:04:50 EDT 2009

I had a lot of trouble shipping the third bumper I sold on eBay.

After having shipped two bumpers before this one, now the same Post Office decides it falls into the next area of shipping and wants a $50.00 additional charge, pushing the cost to $65.00 to ship this one. Using my best people skills, I couldn't convince them that they were measuring it wrong. The long and short of it is, I went to another Post Office and they again measured it wrong but due to the way they measured it, the cost was cheaper than expected.

Of the 3 bumpers I shipped:
One to zone 5 for $28.00
One to zone 4 for $23.00
And this one to zone 4 for $16.00

The eBay calculator wasn't even close on any of them and I had already bumped the weight from the actual 15 pounds shipping weight, up to 20 pounds plus added a few dollars for the confirmation delivery.

I learned a long time ago that your can lose your shirt shipping eBay items and this is why I make certain "adjustments" to my shipping costs.

One bumper to go, LOL.

Roy