<VV> turbocharger cooling

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Fri May 29 02:43:08 EDT 2009

Tim,
I changed thermisters because the first three failed. [SMILE] As for "turbo
temp" I meant the temp of the bearing and oil in the housing. The subject is
cooling the turbo. I twisted the subject to include cooling at shutdown.
Sorry I wasn't clear but you make good points.

As I understand it, wrapping the exhaust going TO the turbo keeps the gasses
hot and flowing better thus giving sooner and more boost. I also understand
that unless the pipes are coated, they don't last as long.

Dave Thompson