<VV> Headlight problem

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sun May 31 01:09:53 EDT 2009

J,
Resistance causes heat. Heat melts plastic connectors. Did you inspect and
clean the wire connectors to the switches? If they got hot, there was a bad
connection which caused heat. When you plugged in one of the switches, you
may have lost connection due to dirty connectors. There's another connector
in the trunk. The most common corroded connector in the headlight circuit is
the dimmer switch. You know, wet snowy boots romping on the dimmer stitch on
a snowy drive.

Dave Thompson
Westminster, CA