<VV> Oil Pan Thread Repair--Thanks

John Green jgreen at alum.mit.edu
Sun May 31 19:04:52 EDT 2009

Thanks to all who responded to my post on a stripped bolt hole. I tried a
slightly longer bolt and was able to torque it to 100 inch pounds, so I
think I am set for now. I will, however, invest in a helicoil tool (set) and
try to make the correct repair.

Before this problem surfaced, I noticed that my oil pan bolts were coming
lose, that is the pan would start to leak and several of the bolts were not
holding their torque setting. I could set them, then drive for a few hours
and then need to re torque. Could this happen because I was not catching
enough threads? I am using a Clark's alum. pan and the included bolts.

John Green
Silver Spring MD
Corsa member