<VV> Monthly VV guide post
bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Oct 1 01:00:01 EDT 2009
This is the regular posting of the guidelines for using VirtualVairs.
If you have comments on this list, please mailto:vairorg at corvair.org
To see the complete VV FAQ, surf over to: http://www.vv.corvair.org/faq.htm
- No profanity.
- No flame wars. If you have something rude to send, please keep it
off the list. This includes "my politician is better than
- This is a Corvair list, try to keep posts to Corvairs, or at least
about cars or air cooled engine technology, especially:
- No politics, unless they have *explicit* Corvair or automotive
- Likewise, no religion.
- Indicate actual name and city/state (and country if applicable), and
year/model/trans/motor of your 'Vair, this may help clarify your inquiry or
- If you've asked a technical question, please let us know what the
solution turned out to be.
- Limit signature files to six lines or less.
- Try to make the Subject line fit the post, especially for replies
- When responding to posts, edit out irrelevant material.
- Conversely, include enough so your answer makes sense.
- When replying to a Digest, please trim to just the post you're replying to..
- Sign messages with your real name.
- Don't post pictures or other attachments to the list. Put them on
a web server and post the URL.
- Avoid "me too" posts.
- No urban myths or virus hoaxes, please. If you haven't personally
verified it, assume it's a myth or a hoax.
- Use all caps only for emphasis.
- There are several special interest lists as well:
- Fastvair, for Corvair high-performance matters,
- Stock Corvair Group, for all things as they came from Chevy,
- UltraVan, the Corvair powered motorhome,
- Corvanatics, far all FC Corvairs (trucks),
- The Chapters list, for CORSA and Chapter discussion, plus events
- V8Vairs, concerning V8 conversions,
mailto:v8vairs-help at corvair.org for more info
- Corvair Lakewood/Monza station wagons
- VV-Talk, for general non-Corvair conversation,
- If you must post something non-Corvair, please:
- Keep it brief and limit number of posts.
- Label jokes as "humor".
- Said jokes should be suitable for my 9 year old.
- Label non-Corvair messages as "no Corvair".
- Better yet, use the vv-talk list, to subscribe, go to:
- Please turn off "Return Receipt" for mail you post to the list.
- Finally, only post messages that are of interest to a large portion
of the list. If your message is generally only meant for a few
individuals, please send it only to them.
- The list address is: virtualvairs at corvair.org
- To unsubscribe, go to
- You must send your message in plain text without attachments.
- If you need help with VV, mailto:vv-help at corvair.org and someone
will try to help you.
- If you have a complaint about a member's post and you can't work it
out with them directly, mailto:vairorg at corvair.org - DO NOT take
it up with them on the list.
- You can search the archived posts of all the corvair.org public lists
with a little help from Google, just go to the main Google page
and put something like:
electric fan site:www.vv.corvair.org
- Ads that are Corvair related and preferably on-topic are acceptable.
- Please put "For Sale", "FS", "AD" or comparable in the Subject line.
- Vendor ads are acceptable, as long as they are not too frequent (once
a month or so for unsolicited ads) and adhere to the above
guidelines. Vendor ads that explicitly address the topic at hand,
preferably with some applicable information, are good.
- We encourage vendors to post once a month to help
our members find out about you. Be sure to include your
- No vendor bashing. If you have a great product, say why yours
is great. Personal attacks are expressly forbidden.
- Include both the City and State and a phone number with good times to
call if you will accept phone calls, especially for cars.
- For events, include the above, plus Month, Day, and Time, and
Handy URLs for Hoaxes & Virii:
URLs for info for new e-mail/internet users:
http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/acronyms.php Chat Acronyms.
http://www.AcronymFinder.com/ The Acronym Finder.
http://www.phish.net/PhishFAQ/nabbrev.html More Acronyms and Abbreviations.
IMPORTANT: Flagrant disregard for the above may result in moderation or
suspension of membership without any further warning.
*-*-*- Last updated: 6 July 09 -*-*-*
More information about the VirtualVairs