<VV> ad absurbium

Larry cytis at charter.net
Thu Oct 1 11:00:06 EDT 2009

Years ago, while in the US military, I noted  it was a great joke with
> pilots when entering an aircraft to loudly ask each other if they were a
> landing or take off pilot. Usually they would both agree they were the
> same. Left the passengers wondering if they would ever see their
> destination.

My experience was that the crew chief or loadmaster givng crash instructions would always say when we crash not if we crash.  After takeoff they would come back and look out the windows and shake their head sadly and return to the front of the aircraft.
Larry
NTCA
CORSA