<VV> archer kit CDI?

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sat Oct 3 18:03:56 EDT 2009

Tony,
     If I remember correctly, that voltage is around 400 volts over 30 times higher than the conventional ignition system generates.
     I used those CDI systems on the first few Corvairs we had and I remember the current through the points was just enough to keep them clean.  The rubbing block wore way down while the points were still electrically OK.  And the plugs would fire even though the plug gap was so large the plug gauge was far to small to fit.  One set of plugs, after 50,000 miles were so worn down that the center electrode was worn down flush with the ceramic and they were still firing just fine.
     Frank "early proponent of electronic ignition" Burkhard