<VV> Zinc oil additive question

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 21:05:10 EDT 2009

While in a auto parts store today, I noticed a Lucas oil display with  a
Zinc oil additive part #10060 for use in break in of  new cams with flat
tappets. It recommended use for only first 1,000 miles due to catalytic  damage
results.  Can this be the same oil additive currently sold by "our"  well
known parts suppliers, and would it be good for continual  use?  If so, how
much of this for 1 oil change in the case of our  Corvairs?  It came in 16 oz.
bottles I believe.   Has anyone any  information about this?