<VV> Steering arm question

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 19:04:17 EDT 2009

I've thrown this out there a few times and never have had it confirmed or
denied...Steering arms 60-69 are all the same....non-quick factory or
aftermarket quick.

Here is what I have based my belief on..

Here is what I feel propagate the belief that there are EM and LM arms.

You have 4 part numbers for regular non-factory quick arms...2 for right and
2 for left.

The first part numbers are (RT) 6255541 & (LT) 6255542 which are often found
on factory early model cars.  You also have part numbers (RT) 3863468 & (LT)
3863467 which are commonly found on factory built late model cars.

It is my belief that they are one and the same and the only thing changed
about the casting was the part number.  Not sure if the part number change
was based on a re-vamp of part numbers at GM to more closely match the part
numbering sequence of other makes or if it was based on the creation of the
factory quick arms.

Can anyone give a credible difference between EM arms or LM arms?

Rick Loving

Subject: <VV> Steering arm question

Greetings,

I was looking in Clark's and I see they have separate listings for

their fast steering arms for early or late.  Are they really much

different, or can I use late arms on our '62?  Now that it runs I can

turn my attention to some of the niceties :-)  BTW, if anyone has a

rear sway bar for any early they'd like to sell, please let me know.

Thanks.

--Bryan