<VV> Bent Push rods

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Oct 8 21:56:15 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/8/2009 3:22:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

Everything Mike said and be glad it's only #2 cylinder.

Bob

Lets see  if analysis is right:
The lifter is pushed by the cam.
The lifter moves the push rod.
The push rod interfaces with the  rocker arm.
The rocker overcomes the valve spring  pressure.
The valve stem moves inside the valve guide.
The  valve opens in time to miss the piston.

Things that can go  wrong??

The valve hits the piston.
The valve stem binds  in the valve guide.
The rocker arm doesn't move.
The valve  spring is broken.

I has a similar incident with a 460 Lincoln. The  rocker arm cocked (nut
came loose) and the push rod did not like it. Replaced  the rocker arm and
stuff. Ran fine after that.

Any body else have a  clue. I'd like to know too.

MIKE KOVACS