<VV> Torque Spec for Camaro lug nuts

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Oct 9 14:25:22 EDT 2009

On Oct 9, 2009, at 1:53 PM, <kaczmarek at charter.net> <kaczmarek at charter.net
 > wrote:

> I'm fixin' to put my Camaro wheels on the Ultra Monza this weekend.
> Got the McGard lug nuts from Jeg's, using the P/N on Bryan's page.
>
> Is there a recommeded torque spec for these lug nuts/rims?    I know
> the knuckle heads at tire stores rarely torque wheel nuts correctly,
> but I would prefer to have them torqued properly.
>
> Thanks in advance

Well, you'll get plenty of suggestions on this, I bet, based on a
former thread.

I think torque is dependent on the studs and has nothing to do with
the lug nuts or the wheels. I have always used 55 ft lbs, but I know
others use more. I do think it's important to re-tighten them once in
a while.

Let's see what others have to say.

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer, Membership Chairman