<VV> Differential Lube Level change

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 10 12:49:50 EDT 2009

If the return hole between the manual transmission and differential is plugged (or the gasket between diff and tranny is installed wrong, blocking the hole) one unit can pump fluid into the other unit, and it will not drain back to equalize the level. I thought it would leave the transmission overfilled and the differential low, but maybe it works both ways?
 -- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on