<VV> Electronic Ignition Question

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Oct 10 19:25:42 EDT 2009

Tia,
You will get a bunch of different opinions on points VS EI. I for one like
my Pertronix. I strongly suggest that you consider the Igniter II. It is far
better than the regular Igniter. Clark's catalog has a very good description
of the difference. If you DO get the Igniter II, be sure to also get the .6
ohm coil. I ran mine with a standard coil and it would heat up to the point
of failure. I had to wait at the side of the road for 10 to 15 minutes
several times to allow the coil to cool down before I realized what was
happening.

The included installation instructions are good. Follow them carefully and
all will be good.

Take Seth's advice to also clean out the Distributor cup under the plate.
Use a can of brake clean or carb cleaner. Also, check the advance arm for
wear.

Depending on where you are, most Corvair distributors carry the Pertronics
EI. Check the prices and also keep shipping in mind.

Good luck

Dave Thompson