<VV> Corvair engine

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Oct 12 10:23:25 EDT 2009

Smitty Says;  HA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha gggggggg   (smile)   The way I heard it was Harley Davidson was considering building a high performance lawn mower to put Brigs and Stratton out of business but the engine was too heavy for their use and they dropped the project.  So GM bought the design.
>   Few people know it, but the GM Corvair engine was
> developed for GM  by a company called Eastern Aviation. GM was after a
> Light Helicopter contract from the government, and had Eastern
> Aviation develop this engine as a power plant for this Helicopter.
  The Engine was actually developed as an Aviation