<VV> [FC] brake hose sizes

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 18:44:22 EDT 2009

Boyce & JR,

The longer hoses may or may not rub on tight turns.  When I replace front
hoses, I always check to see the range of positions the hoses will go through
when going through the range of steering, lock-to-lock.  It is surprising
how the hose can suddenly develop a loop and flip to one side in one steering
position or another.  You can loosen the nut, reposition the hose and
retighten the nut to assure the hose does not rub on the wheel or any other
component under the car under any steering circumstance.  Keep in mind that the
hose will change position when the body moves up and down, not just with the
steering.

With that said, 3-4 Inches added length is a lot so you may want to get
something closer.  Also, I am not sure if the change in diameter is an issue.
It is better to be safe than sorry so go ahead and exchange them for your
peace of mind if nothing else.

Doc
1960 Corvette; 1961 Rampside; 1962 Rampside; 1964 Spyder coupe; 1965
Greenbrier; 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe; 1967 Nova SS; 1968 Camaro ragtop