<VV> 69 Monza O gauge 1/25 vs. 1/43 vs. 1/48

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Fri Oct 16 20:59:35 EDT 2009

Here are some pix of the Yat Ming "1/43" scale diecast compared to the
Renwall
(plastic) 1965 Corsa which is alleged to be "1/48" scale.

The Yat Ming diecast is approx 4.25" long which is pretty close to 1/43
scale.

The Renwall plastic version is 3.85" and seems to be a scaled-down version
of the AMT 1/25 scale model, even down to the 'errors' in the AMT chassis
being duplicated 'verbatim'.

The Renwall 1965 Corvair Corsa compared to the Yat Ming 1/43 scale 1969
Corvair Monza :
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/RenwallCorvair48thScaleYatMing43rdScaleComparisons.JPG

The Renwall Corvair chassis compared to the AMT 1/25 scale chassis :
http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/AMTandRenwallCorvairChassisComparison.JPG

The Renwall "Double Header" box (with 1932 Chevy Roadster) :
www.yourbuyersinn.com/Cars/Corvair/RenwallCorvair48thScaleBox.JPG

The pix in Ken's link show a different color than was available separately
for the same model that is included on the 'car carrier' train car.

Charlie

> Ken:
A detailed picture of this