<VV> Differential filling port relocation

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 14:24:07 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/18/2009 9:06:13 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

So,  OK I have a '61 that will have the diff removed for seal replacement.
While it is out, what can be done to raise the lube level? I'm thinking a
very  short 90 degree adapter. If so, just how higher should the lube be
that at the original plug level??
MIKE KOVACS

Hi Mike,
Yes a short 90 deg tube closed at the top (removable) should work OK. In
fact that is what the Dealers were told to do for a retrofit. Be sure you do
it  for both the tranny and diff. 5/8" as stated before.
Regards,
Bob Helt