<VV> Super Monza

keith osborne vanman453ta at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 19:31:35 EDT 2009

Say, that's pretty cool!

Keith Osborne

--- On Wed, 10/21/09, Bruce Schug <bwschug at charter.net> wrote:

From: Bruce Schug <bwschug at charter.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Super Monza
To: corvairduval at cox.net, vanman453ta at yahoo.com, "VirtualVairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 12:22 PM

http://tinyurl.com/yz8s6ut

On Oct 21, 2009, at 2:15 PM, corvairduval at cox.net wrote:
The Super Monza was a 1960 2 door Corvair that was built by GM as a show
car. Here is a picture. Some of the dialog is just bad guessing, don't
beleive it all.

http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0a0f075273e27286d1c12d7
b38e3c00b&topic=9115.0

It was used by Lynne Mitchell and then given/sold/however to the Reynolds
family. It spent its life in Kentucky until they parked it in the garage. I
saw an ad in the Communique for a "1960 Corvair Show Car, needs restoring"
and thought it was worded funny. So must have everyone else, as no one
called them to buy it. When I brought it up at the CVCC meeting, I
discovered some other members remembered the car being owned by Reynolds,
and were researching where to find it. They put 2 and 2 together and
contacted the Reynolds family , who donated the car to the CVCC. After we
worked on it for about a year and ran out of money and time, we donated it
to CORSA. I had a hand and materials in the initial restoration.

More people can shed more and correct information on the Super Monza. It is
a wonderful looking car. Currently in the museum in Yipsalanti, MI.

Frank DuVal