<VV> Engine Problem

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at cox.net
Thu Oct 22 23:57:49 EDT 2009

Ok folks I got a small problem. I changed my distributer in my 80hp 1960
today. I had a used one from a stripped 60 engine. I had a problem timing
the original one so I tried to swap them out to see if that would change
anything. WELL IT SURE CHANGED THINGS! It would not start after and on the
second turn of the key an extremely loud backfire came through the muffler.
So discouraged I switched back to the original one. She still will not start
and the backfires continue. Any suggestions?

Jason Cesana

1960 4dr 700