<VV> Corvair #1 Death Trap???

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 23 13:01:24 EDT 2009

I was driving the Rampside over our local mountain pass last night.  With
less than a second to react I baby deer loomed into the headlights.  I
always keep my blindspot clear, and I knew I was alone at that particular
moment.  I jerked the wheel to the left (road was two lanes each way,
divided by a concrete barrier) the truck reacted, heeled over and I swerved
around the deer, two more "saws" at the wheel and I had it back under
control.  I highly doubt a conventional pickup could have made that lane
change without loosing control of the ass end of the vehicle.

Off course Leno was right;  if I'd hit the deer they could have just hosed
off the dash and sold the Rampy to the next guy.  Maybe not though, as I do
have 3pt belts.

Regards,
Joel