<VV> Corvair #1 death trap, humor

Test User vair65 at sisna.com
Sat Oct 24 11:19:39 EDT 2009

don't know about the early corvairs being death traps but they certainly
handled differently than other cars of that era. any car such as vw,
porsches, mb and the m151 jeep did. anyone who served in the military at
that time should remember the old saying that their is a right way, wrong
way and the armys way. in case of the m151 the army was still instructing
the jeep drivers to broadslide their way around a turn as they had with the
solid axle jeeps and roll overs wern't a question of if but when. army
blamed it on driver error and reduced speed limits to reduce accidents.
having driven a 356 porsche before i went into the service i tried to
explain to the instructors what was the reason for the roll overs and why
the differences in handling. bad move on my part(VBG)- mike mann