<VV> Fw: Multi-Grade 10W-40 Motor Oil in Corvairs ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sun Oct 25 05:10:16 EDT 2009

OK, 10W40 means 10 when cold, and 40 when hot, right ?  ("W" means "winter"
? Why ?)

 Seems like they all prefer high viscosity in the 'cold' part and higher in
the 'hot' part, but I've heard that multigrade oil breaks down faster (lose
viscosity) when hot, which Corvairs do on occasion (most of the time,
actually ?)

 So, single grade is still better ?  Recommended ? What ?

 Thanks again,
 Charlie