<VV> Multi-Grade 10W-40 Motor Oil in Corvairs ?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Oct 25 11:20:21 EDT 2009

IMHO, you absolutely should.  The thing to be concerned about these
days is the ZDDP content, look for something that explicitly says
"Recommended for flat tappet applications".  If it doesn't, don't use
it.  Remember that "high mileage" cars these days are still only 10
years old and have roller lifters, they aren't talking about Corvairs,
or anything else built before 1990.

Threads in the VV archives and lots of other classic/antique car
sites, but that's what it boils down to.  Based on the above, seasonal
usage (no really cold weather) and local availability, I've selected
Mobil 1 15W-50 for the Corvairs.

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa