<VV> Tire pressure question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:48:14 EDT 2009

Chris, as you know it all comes down to the weight distribution of the
particular vehicle. One VV writer last year says he does this to verify
correct pressure distribution:

He gets his tires real clean and drives slowly a short way on a smooth
gravel or dirt road, then checks the pattern of dust on the tread. If the
dust does not cover to the end of where the tread and sidewall meet, there
is too much pressure, and so forth. I tried this on my 62 coupe and the 10
pound spread was correct, so I am running 32 rear and 22 front in my new
Hancook radials.

Mark Durham