<VV> Multi-grade oils in Corvairs

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:53:16 EDT 2009

Tom, I ran a 10W40 in my last corvair back in the late 60's and early 70's
and never had a oil related problem. I put 180K on that car, had to overhaul
the engine because of a cam gear failure once, and so I can see where
Richard Widman's oil research has merit to find the best oil, but a 10W40
works well. I currently use a 5W40 in the winter because of better start up
flow, a Shell rotella, which still has some higher levels of ZDDP in it and
expect no problems.
Mark Durham