<VV> 1964 Hardtop

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 10:01:40 EDT 2009

In a message dated 10/26/2009 9:29:34 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
Sethracer at aol.com writes:

I spent  a few minutes with the owner - getting the tour of the car. It
took
an  unbelievable amount of work to do the hardtop conversion, and it isn't
quite  finished as yet. Some piece parts were sourced from a Chevy II
hardtop, and  the side windows are custom cut and heat treated. Lot  of
sheet-metal
work and  welding-in of pieces. In some ways the  "hardtop" work gives the
airy impression  of the 61-62 "bubbletop"  big cars. He also has a complete
late model  suspension installed  underneath and, as you mentioned, lots of
custom touches,  such as  front turn signals and custom headlight frames. I
don't think it will  be  too long before it is finished. The guy is a real
craftsman and  the body/paint  work is excellent.

So why doesn't someone do an article with details and photos for the
Communique?

Regards,
Bob Helt