<VV> oil filters

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 27 14:59:44 EDT 2009

Here's yet another take on oil filters.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

Read and make your own decisions.
Personally, I use NAPA(WIX), as I get them at case lot cost, and have other
vehicles other than Corvairs.
I have also purchased Clark's Filters and think they are of good quality.

Gary Swiatowy

From: Geoffrey Stozek <gjjs at att.net>
Subject: <VV> oil filters

VV members have been consistent on bashing Fram and praising WIX.?? Is
there any?test data from a reputable source to support these opinions???
I've used Fram in ?most of my cars for decades without problem.?? I have an
87 GMC Safari with about 190,000 miles.?? Does not use oil and stays clean
beyond 3,000 miles.?? My experience with Fram is positive.
Also, I'd like to hear VV thoughts on the oil filter adapter made for
corvairs that allows more common and less expensive filters to be used.
Jeff Stozek?