<VV> Strange battery / starter problem

keith osborne vanman453ta at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 23:12:06 EDT 2009

Perhaps the timing that is too advanced?

I have a mid-engine dunebuggy with a somewhat modified 140 that likes to do the same thing.  In my case though, the distributor is right behind my chair, so I just turn around, retard the timing a bit, and it fires right up!

Nice and low-tech, just like my '31 Model A Ford with it's timing adjustment lever mounted in the cab, for the same purpose of facilitating starting.

Keith