<VV> Strange battery / starter problem

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 29 02:26:04 EDT 2009

Hi Andy, I would check your battery terminal posts and your battery
cables and clean them with a wire battery brush. Next check the
connections at your coil and clean these connectors as well and
finally check and clean your ignition points, rotor and distributor
cap. What you have described sure sounds like the changes in
temperature and humidity have caused electrical connection problems
in one or all of the above areas.

Chuck Armer
ps. sleep is overrated ;-)
///////////////////////////////////////

At 09:46 PM 10/28/2009, you wrote:
>Guys,
>I have a car I have been moving nightly for the past month, or
>so.  It does have starting problems when it's damp out - and is hard
>to get running cleanly on all cylinders.
>Tonight I was trying to start it, and it was cranking
>normally.  Suddenly it would barely crank - but I have never seen  a
>battery drop off voltage that quickly.  After about a half hour I
>tried again - this time it cranked normally and started.  As I drove
>it around the corner it sputtered & died.  Again, after a minute or
>so it very suddenly would barely crank over.
>Any guesses as to the problem - starter maybe?
>Thanks,
>Andy K.
>Wisconsin

CORSA Member