<VV> Upgrading from 3 speed to a 4 speed

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 31 14:29:28 EDT 2009

Thanks for the Report, Gene.

Perhaps racing activities might be another exception where the proper 64
differential is required?  But I drove that car I had in the seventies
rather hard, and the only problem I ever had was breaking an end bolt,
which was sorta a let down ....

Currently I do have, as mentioned, an aluminum plate acting as a kinda
bearing block between the spring and the diff housing.

I do suppose the center attachment point would help control things when
one of those outboard bolts breaks, but that is also probably why so
many of the leaf springs are ground down past serviceability on one end
(well, the knuckle head that drove on anyway is partially to blame ...
like driving with a broken fan belt.  Yeesch!)

Bill Strickland