<VV> Front Crossmember

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 1 16:33:07 EDT 2009

 This can be a no brainer or a job you don't want to do. We recently took a '61 front cross member out and just put a big breaker bar (wasn't needed) and unscrewed the 6.

I also have a home made tool that is an "L" shaped piece of heavy (.200) wire that is snaked up next to the square nut to jam it in the cage. This usually prevents the nut from getting leverage on the cage and then the big breaker works.

 The wire is about a foot long with a 90 degree bend at the 1 inch long end the jams the cage nut. Lots of lube of various sorts a day or so prior can really help.
 MIKE KOVACS