<VV> Tires

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Sep 2 11:58:22 EDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 4:40 PM, <bowtieguy at cox.net> <bowtieguy at cox.net>
wrote:

> Try this site: http://www.tires-easy.com/
>

> They offer Firestone FR380 in 175-80-13, WSW, Toyo Spectrum BSW, and
> Milestar WSW.
>

> They offer Hankook H714 in 185-80-13, Firestone FR380 too, both in
> WSW.
>

> This site offers similar tires: http://www.onlinetires.com/user/vehicle/tires/allbrands.html

This site is quite interesting (http://www.onlinetires.com/user/vehicle/tires/allbrands.html
). I have not seen it before that I recall.

I just got off the phone with one of their sales people who tells me
they are in the LA area, with a Cerritos, CA mailing address. They do
have stock on the Maxxis 185/80-13 (25) and the Hankook (64) he wasn't
sure of the Firestone. He said the Maxxis is not a private label, but
an independent. I'd never heard of it before.

The very interesting 245/75-13 Kumho (yes, I'm serious, it is listed
on their web page) is not available. He said it was produced, then
discontinued. I can't imagine what this was used for, maybe some
Japanese truck or something, mathematically it would be 27.47" in
diameter, about 2" larger than a 7.00-13!!!

As you shop for tires for your Corvair, keep in mind the diameters of
stock Corvair tires:

6.50-13 - about 24.5"

7.00-13 - about 25.3"

Bruce