<VV> Loose? '61 differential side bearing adjustment sleeve

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 2 15:32:55 EDT 2009

 While cleaning the differential, the brush (yes the brush) moved the adjustment. I know that should not be. The Lock device is in place with the holding bolt. '61 3:27 PG.

 In the past I would tighten the sleeve on Corvairs one notch when rebuilding a car and never had a problem

 Question is......... I assume I should tighten it up till it no longer turns so easily. Also this left side was weeping (dirty) and the right side was not. The is no apparent in - out play in the universal or the differential on the left side.
 MIKE KOVACS