<VV> California Corvair at show

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 16:45:09 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/3/2009 1:14:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sheridanma1966 at gmail.com writes:

Maybe  what I'm trying to say is that it is hard to sell people on CORSA if
you  only take your cars to Corvair events. These Goodguys events are  huge
concentrations of car enthusiasts. I've seen everything there from  hot
rodded Rolls Royces to stock Pintos. Most of the people there are  looking
for ideas and often don't know what they are looking for until they  find
it.
It helps our cause if we take our cars for these people to  see.

Marc

I brought my (grown) daughter to an every-Wednesday informal show
yesterday. Only about 120 cars or so, of every type, HotRods to low riders to
Classic cars. On display was a restored  Yenko Stinger. It also had a  printed
display with the history behind it. My daughter mentioned that it looked  just
like my old car. Her memories must be fuzzing with older age, mine  (YS003)
was never this good, until lately! Now restored by someone else.  But the
display of the car certainly provided a good comparison for the other  folks
with cars and the hundreds of park and view spectators. In between  showing
the Stinger, Roger, the owner, displays his other California car, the  1964
World's Fair Spyder Convertible. It has it's own set of display
information. The first time I went to this, I was checking out the 64 when a few
"4-cylinder Corvair" folks wandered by and popped the Nader word. I finally had
to leave the area and walk around to check out the other cars. I didn't want
to  offend them "too much" - just a little.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette