<VV> required membership, was: What has CORSA done for us?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Sep 4 10:50:26 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/4/2009 10:03:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

One club  to which I belong requires national membership, and makes it
impossible to  join the local without national membership, by the way they
collect dues.  The locals don't collect dues. Rather, the national sends out
dues notices  which lists all the locals and their respective dues. You are
charged for  national dues, plus any "local" dues depending on which one(s)
you decide  to add to the bill. The national club then forwards the
appropriate local  dues and info to the respective locals. All neat and
tidy.

The problem  with CORSA is that Corvair owners seem to have an abundance of
"Yankee"  independence, an Hank (and others) have so vividly portrayed.
Would we (at  this late date) ever get ANY of the locals to submit to the
kind of system  presented above? I doubt that it would get all of them to do
so. But I for  one would like nothing better than to pay my local dues thru
CORSA under  such a system. As Air 'Vair Group Prez, I'd love to have that
system for  the special-interest groups. It would make my job (and my  own
special-interest memberships) easier.

So I propose to the board  that CORSA adopt a VOLUNTARY system, per the
above example, for any  chapters who want to do so. As Air ' Vair Prez, I'd
jump at the  chance.

-Mark

This is an idea that has the kind of real world merit we need.  We are  a
"cost effective"and independent bunch and only incremental change has a
chance  with the minimum of defections (can you picture two or three CORSAs?).  I
 would recommend that individual chapters start cooperating closely with
the  national to coordinate membership dues announcements--maybe using the
same  software so the results can be easily shared.  It would tie us more
closely  together on all levels.  For what it is worth, almost every car club I
have  read about or those that friends belong to has a similar problem.  Just
ask  the Ford Model A and T guys.

Bob Hall
steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)