<VV> concours numbers

William Pierson billpier39 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 18:38:14 EDT 2009

I have a daily driven seniors 65 Corsa. It maintained seniors this year but will not make it next year as I drive the car and it will take more dollars to keep it seniors than I want to spend. However,I will probably enter it in concours in Iowa next year.
As I get older, and a lot of us are reaching the golden years, cleaning and preparing a concours car gets more difficult. Many simply will not do so.
I don't know the figures, but I would guess that concours participation started dropping when we recognized the display cars. Peoples choice voting provided those owners with the opportunity to display their cars at an international convention, get the attention they deserved and not have to clean the cars to concours levels. I like the display cars idea for that reason. There are a lot of concours quaity cars in the display areas.Do I like the fact that concours numbers are dropping? No. But most visitors to the display and concours  areas would be hard pressed to tell the difference and the Corvairs are on display, which to me is most important.

Bill Pierson
Concours committee member and
past CORSA BOD member