<VV> Rockville Antique and Classic Car Show

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Sat Sep 5 17:08:27 EDT 2009

This is aimed at the folks in the mid-Atlantic area -- the Rockville
Antique and Classic Car Show is scheduled for Saturday, October
17th.  In my opinion, this is one of the finer car shows in the
region.  Last year, we had a stellar turn-out of Corvairs -- 17 on
the field including two Yenkos.  (This was aided by the fact that we
had a special "100 Years of GM" show with eight Corvairs illustrating
all the variations of the Corvair.)

If you've never been to this show, it normally attracts between 400
and 450 cars, all antiques and classics -- no hot rods, no "customs",
no kit cars, no "beaters" and all have to be at least 25 years
old.  The venue is a large, bowl-shaped grassy valley that is filled
with cars.  It also attracts on the order of 10,000 car enthusiast
visitors who come to admire the cars and chat with the
owners.  There's good food and a special display every year.  Last
year was the 100 years of GM; this year will be Italian exotics.

Corvairs normally have an excellent, central location that gets a lot
of foot traffic and the Corvairs get a LOT of attention.  I suspect
we get more outside attention -- and attract new people to the
Corvair world -- than most pure Corvair shows do.

So I'm inviting you to come and have included a link to the
registration form web site.  If you can come, please register as soon
as you can.  The space reserved for each marque is based upon the
pre-registrations.  And if you get your registration in before the
later part of September, you will be listed in the show brochure.

Here's the link:  http://www.rockvillemd.gov/events/car-show-reg-09.pdf

Drop me a note if you need any more information.  And please spread
the word to you local club members.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair
'66 Corsa turbo coupe