<VV> Hospitality room

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 6 14:13:21 EDT 2009

Ken,

We're in complete agreement here. I also feel that CORSA needs to pay more
attention to the needs of the spouses and offspring. Tours are great start,
but they are ONLY a start. DACC did a great job when they hosted the
national convention. I heard a lot of comments (from the wives, husbands,
AND kids) on this subject. The kids loved the water park in the hotel. The
wives loved the ladies' activities room, and the husbands were happy to
come back to a happy brood at the end of each day. DACC sets a high
standard all the way around!

-Mark

Homecoming is not all about Ken [Pretty much all I do is shopping and
schlep groceries :-) ]  It is a total team effort.  Still, Hospitality is
the 'PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPT.' and CORSA would serve themselves well by
recognizing it as such.

> Mark, you are right about not criticizing any volunteer.  None of there
activities would be possible without them.  You can bet they are doing the
very best they can under the circumstances.  But when the National
Convention comes to town there will be few with sufficient experience to
think of and cover all the details.  Sure, CORSA provides guidelines for
the car events but once done, they leave the local club[s] on their own.
It would be a simple matter for CORSA to include a requirement for a proper
Hospitality room and supply a schedule and budget recommendations.  While
they are at it, they should provide standards for women's activities.  Once
CORSA builds a reputation that insures the 'forgotten third' of the
attendees will be remembered lots more guys will have the support of there
wives to attend.

> OK, I sound like I am always being critical of CORSA but, it is not just
to be critical.  Over they years I have made suggestions and comments with
the hope of improving their performance.  I have gone so far as to send
registered letters to the entire board.  I believe CORSA needs to survive.
I believe they could do a lot more to help themselves.  But, I do not
understand why they are so unwilling to step up to the plate.  The DACC
team offered much towards improvements but we could not convince CORSA to
'pick up the ball and run with it' :-(  Still, we keep trying.