<VV> Rewiring the cabin gauges

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 7 15:43:56 EDT 2009

I am reconfiguring the wires to the four gauges that I have added to
the cabin in order to move one of the oil temp gauges to the left of
the steering wheel and install a new oil pressure gauge in its
place.  I have two oil temperature gauges (senders in different
locations in the oil supply), a dual CHT, and soon to be added, an
oil pressure gauge with a connection to a new pressure shut off
switch for the electric fuel pump.  I had everything but the pressure
gauge working up until this rewiring project started and I hope to
have it all back on line by Friday as I have an out of towner with
the NTCA.
	On the fuse box, I have several connector blades that I have been
using to power the gauges and the lights for the gauges.  What I
would like to know is if multiple lights or power supplies can be run
off of one blade.  On my box I have free blades under the Tail/St/
Clock/Dome fuse (10A), one under the Heater/Air (10A), one under the
Radio (3A), and two under the Panel/LPS (3A).  There is also a blade
above the Fused connection (far left of circuit box and only has
prongs for the top of a fuse) called Battery which is just to the
right of what looks like a 120 electrical connection (I know this
isn't possible, it just looks like one).
	I'm aware that I need to install fused links that are matched to the
gauges' amp limits between each gauge and the circuit box connection.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
President / North Texas Corvair Association
CORSA
Corvaireum II

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110

The Original Four Door Sports Car