<VV> Time Trails in Cedar Rapids

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Mon Sep 7 20:12:00 EDT 2009

Tim,
     IMHO time trials at the Convention would be a great idea.  NECC has run time trials for over 30 years including the many at Lime Rock Race track in Connecticut.  I've run a couple of them myself and witnessed more of them in more recent years.  Their beauty lies in the fact that the car is on the track essentially by ITSELF so spin outs or other "driver aberrations" usually result in no damage to either driver or vehicle, as I found out when I spun out a couple of times at Lime Rock.  Time trials do, however, require more elaborate scoring/timing with either electronic wireless readouts or 3 people each with his/her own stop watch.  Check with Brian O'Neill of NECC for more details.
     Frank Burkhard