<VV> From a Spineless, Corrupt Past CORSA President

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Mon Sep 7 22:26:09 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: "peter koehler" <pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net>

Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 22:08:38
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Subject: <VV> From a Spineless, Corrupt Past CORSA President

My, my. Some of these attacks are getting pretty personal,
don't you think? Even though I live in Pennsylvania my
"other" Corvair Club is that "large, Mid-Western" group
that does not require 100% membership in the larger
National organization. I think I understand the reasons
why they don't require it and I agree with those reasons.
I ran for the BoD way back when to defend those reasons.
If you take a historical view of what we have now and what
the situation was back in the late '70's it used to be all
about the insurance coverage. We were told that we all had
to belong to CORSA to get coverage. Well, that was not
exactly the truth and we negotiated a policy that gave us
the coverage we needed while not forcing anybody to do
something that they didn't want to do.

So what I think would be a better idea today rather than
painting all previous volunteers with the same broad
brush, would be to look for ways to improve the
organization so that your members in the local clubs would
want to join their friends in the National club.

Of course you could propose a change to the bylaws if that
is what you truly feel is the best solution to our current
problem. It is my opinion that a shotgun wedding does not
necessarily result in the best long term relationship. -
Pete "Do you really think that I'm Corrupt?" Koehler