<VV> Let's stop this bickering - The Pros of CORSA

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Tue Sep 8 20:46:38 EDT 2009

All this bickering and name calling is making me sick. Everybody has the
right to his/her own opinion. Many times two different opinions can both be
right. Verbally bashing each other is not the path I wish to be part of.

Should CORSA require 100% membership from the Chapters? That is a heated
debate. I have MY opinion but not an answer. Perhaps we should put it to a
vote through the local chapters; count ALL the votes.

What does CORSA do for me?

Here is a question to which we all can give input. I suggest that we all sit
down and positively think hard to build a list. If we have a decisive list,
People “on the fence” can make a better decision whether they want to join
or not. It can also help us bring in new members. Perhaps this list can be
published prominently on the CORSA website; both for new perspective members
and people “on the fence”. Let’s call it a marketing tool. This list can
also include services that we WISH were available. I suggest that the BOD
provide some sort of clearing house for these suggestions.

Let me start the list, in no particular order:

Contacts: A list of like minded people to be used for companionship,
technical advice and the exchange of ideas.
Insurance: Allowing the national and local chapters to put on events
Communiqué: A monthly newsletter to share the going-ons in the world of
Corvairs.
Special interest groups: A way for people with specific interests to share
their ideas.
Virtual Vairs: A discussion group for any and all Corvair enthusiasts to
share their comments and ideas.

Please feel free to cut and paste your ideas to this list.

Where can CORSA make improvements?

In a positive way, list suggestions to improve CORSA, if it be just an idea
or volunteering to help make the changes.

Update the CORSA website: I personally do not have the expertise to say
where or how but I’m sure there are people out there that can make specific
suggestions, perhaps be able to actually help the webmanster.

One last thing:

I have volunteered for many organizations in the past. I was a boy scout
leader for over 17 years. I am currently volunteering to edit the Vintage
Times for Vintage Corsa of Orange County, California. I know what it takes
to be a volunteer. I respect the BOD for the work they do. I also realize
that they can only do SO MUCH. We, their constituents can help their jobs by
giving them positive suggestions and complementing them when they do well.

If you don’t like what’s going on, make positive suggestions. If you want to
complain about something, also try to suggest how to remedy the issue.

Just my opinion
. Flame on

Dave Thompson
CORSA member